We're so happy you're here.
Interested in becoming a new member? We'd love to have you!
Eligible veterans applying for first-time membership may directly contact the Post 88 Membership Chair:
Tia Nichole McMillen, firstname.lastname@example.org // 717.870.0121
To apply for membership, please complete the following steps:
1. Complete the American Legion Membership application form, available online or before Post meetings every second Thursday of the month. You can find the application online through our website by clicking on "Application" in the menu listing to the left-hand side of the screen. Fill out the form, then click "submit" to submit your application through our website. Our membership chair or adjutant will be in touch shortly!
2. Please note that you will need to provide a copy of your DD214 OR discharge papers. You can obtain a copy of either of these by visiting www.ebenefits.va.gov.
3. Our membership chair or adjutant will be in touch shortly to explain dues and the membership process.
4. After verifying your information, your application will go before the membership meeting for a vote. Once membership is approved at the Post membership meeting, a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. See eligibility dates below, which are in accordance with the American Legion Act of 2019
Membership eligibility in the American Legion is based on honorable service for at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably, with the U.S. Armed Forces for at least between:
- April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1918 (World War I)
- December 7, 1941 - continuing
Because eligibility dates remain open, all veterans and members of the U.S. Armed Forces are now eligible to join The American Legion until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Interested in transferring to a great Post? We'd love to have you!
1. Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. Copy of DD214 OR Discharge Papers
c. Copy of Current Membership Card
2. Membership dues payment will be required if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
For any questions, please contact our Post 88 Membership Chair, Tia Nichole McMillen at email@example.com or at 717.870.0121 (yes, 717, not 757!).
Our Post 88 membership meetings take place every second Thursday of the month begininng at 7 p.m. Feel free to stop by the Post between 6:30-7:45, located at the VFW at 4301 Pughsville Rd, Suffolk, VA 23435.